Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday at the Table: Eggnog Ice Cream


We love eggnog.  The day it makes it's first seasonal appearance in the grocery store is a family holiday.  We even have a nutmeg grater and whole nutmeg for the obligatory freshly grated nutmeg that goes on top of a glass.

We love ice cream.  I started making my own to have more control of the ingredients, and love my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.  Lately it's been mostly frozen non fat yogurt that I make, which is fine.

We still had my frozen ice cream maker "bowl" in the freezer, since it was not a great year for our garden, and have had several unsuccessful hunts, so no game is in there either.

When these 2 evens coincided this fall, I couldn't resist simply pouring a quart of eggnog into the freezer, pushing the button, and voila!  Eggnog ice cream!  It doesn't get any easier than that.  The adults may or may not have had a bit of brandy drizzled on top of their servings...

I'm linking up to Tuesday at the Table over at A Quilter's Table.  Come join us!!

4 comments:

  1. Straight eggnog makes ice cream!? oh wow. My guys are going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I am not personally an eggnog fan, but most of my family is. We are trying this one for sure! What is your favorite store bought brand?
    Ever had Sweet's EggNog Salt Water Taffy?
    (http://www.sweetcandy.com/candies/taffy/egg-nog-taffy-3lb-bag.html)
    That's how I like my eggnog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use the full fat version or the light eggnog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I just gave my sister my ice cream maker! I'll have to have her try this!

    ReplyDelete