Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Finish: Giant Granny Square Quilt

Giant Granny QuiltAnother view of Giant Granny Quilt
It's "Finish Friday" over at Crazy Mom Quilts.  I just finished quilting and binding my "Giant Granny Square" quilt!!  One Christmas present down...

I made this quilt as part of "That Girl That Quilt"'s Giant Granny Square Quilt Along.  It was super quick and easy!  All of the fabric I used was bought on clearance (whew hew!!).  It's not my usual colors, but I love the way it came together.
back of Giant Granny Quilt
Here's the back, and you can see the quilting a little better.  I basically did a square spiral on the whole quilt, making it very easy as well.

detail of back of Giant Granny quilt

It's roughly 65 inches by 65 inches, making it a nice throw quilt!  I knew from the beginning who I was going to give this too.  I hope they like it!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish. It's so much more fun creating when you know who the quilt is going to - I'm sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely! And those stitches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go lady go! Did you talk about starting this one? Which machine did you use and are you going ot blog about it? I mean, really after all the previous difficulties.... a little discussion is needed here!

    ReplyDelete